Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Susan's Gardens Challenge from Classy Cards 'n Such

When I heard the challenge from Classy Cards 'n Such would be to use a flower from Susan's Gardens Dies, I was so excited.  These are quality dies that help you make the most beautiful flowers that can be used on lots of different projects.

I made a little box for a bracelet I made my granddaughter.
First, a little match type box was made using the Mini Scor-Buddy.  Then flower parts were cut using the Lily from Susan's Garden.  To texturized the individual petals and the leaves, I used the medium ball stylus from the Susan's Garden Tool Kit.  This tool kit was purchased because it  has a moulding pad and a leaf pad.  There is another version of the tool kit called Paper Blossoms Tool Kit and it has a cute carrying case.  The flower was quickly assembled on top of a separate piece of card stock in case I messed up the flower, I would not need to do another box. - Next time I won't to this because the flower assembly was so quick and easy.  I used a Tim Holtz Rusty Hinge Distress Marker to make the little freckles in the petals.  Before the stamen was glued in the center, the tips were dipped in a little glue and then dipped into some flower soft.  The Art Institute Adhesive is one of the best around for assembling these flowers and is perfect for the flower soft.

I love doing these flowers - they can be used for so many projects.  I saw a wreath made from  different Susan's Garden dies - it was heavenly!

Project Supplies:

Mini Scor-Buddy
Lily from Susan's Garden
Susan's Garden Tool Kit or Paper Blossoms Tool Kit
Tim Holtz Distres Marker
Art Institute Adhesive

Now - I'm off to make a few more of these beauties - have a happy stamping day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin