Monday, November 14, 2016

Project of the Week for Repeat Impressions

Good Morning!  Wendy owner of Repeat Impressions asked me to do the Project of the Week and I'm excited to show you how to make a background using watercolors and a stencil.  Here are the supplies you will need:

painters tape
water colors - any kind
Bristol watercolor card stock
a board to tape project onto (I used the back of a small clipboard)
broad paint brush
smaller paint brush
any stencil
Repeat Impressions stamps
Tape your card stock onto the board with the painter's tape.  This will help your card stock not warp.
Put a good coating of water with the broad brush onto the card stock.
Drop different colors onto the coated card stock and let the colors run.  The back of the clip board will be slanted and will allow the paint colors gently blend together.

Tape your chosen stencil to the card stock and squish it down tightly to smash colors together.
Allow to dry naturally or use a heat gun to dry.
After it is dry carefully pull off stencil and embellish.

Here are several others using a flower stencil and a star background.  I used the sentiments called A Birthday is.... and For unto you....

I hope you give this technique a try. Don't be surprised if you get carried away like I did!  Thanks for looking at my project.  Have a Happy Stamping Day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin