Monday, November 25, 2019

Accent on Sentiments

Hey friends - good morning.  Today Wendy, owner of Repeat Impressions is letting me show how I rearrange and do a few sentiment tricks so that the sentiment takes center stage.

Here is a list of the sentiments I'll use.
What we do....  8411-I
God gave us... 4011-G
Snow much fun  8810-H
the Happy from Happy Everything 4001-G
the Thanksgiving from Thanksgiving Blessings. 3214-G
Acorn 3311-C

The first card is simple, simple simple.  I love this sentiment called What we do... is under the Cancer and Caregivers Category.  I had a very pretty piece of designer paper that I've been saving - and this sentiment just was perfect for it.  Look at your sentiments and see if there is a designer paper that will work well.  Let it take center stage.



Next up is think about framing your sentiment with glitter or special paper - like vellum.  Here I cut a glitter frame, stamped the sentiment called God gave us... on vellum, heat embossed and layered on an embossed background with a glitter frame.  I thought the sparkle reminded me of winter and was perfect for the sentiment
For the third card I did a little stamp surgery.  Here is what the original sentiment called Snow much fun looks like in the catalogue

I wanted the sentiment to stretch over the whole card, so I carefully cut the sentiment and used my Misti to line it up the way I wanted to and here is the card.  The sentiment can easily be put back together.


The last card mixes sentiments.  The Happy is from Happy Everything and the Thanksgiving is from
Thanksgiving Blessings.  Here again I did a little stamp surgery knowing that they can easily be put back together with a Misti or stamp positioner.  They were stamped on vellum, heat embossed and die cut with a tag die cut.  The little acorns are called Acorn.  I just think they are so cute!  I put glossy accents on them so they would not get lost on the alcohol ink and stencil vellum.

So... you might try looking at your sentiments a little differently and put them in the spotlight.  Thanks for looking at my cards.

1 comment:

Donna said...

I looked at these on my phone on Monday, they are so much more amazing on my computer seeing them full size!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin