Monday, April 4, 2016

Project of the Week for Repeat Impressions

Good morning!  It's my turn to do a Project of the Week for  Repeat Impressions and I just recently saw the bleach technique and found it easy and fun.  Repeat Impressions has quite a few really great stamps that work well with this technique.

Supplies for this technique are:

Bleach - any kind
solid or silhouette stamps
dye ink - any brand name - I've used Gina K Designs, Hero Arts and Momento
applicators or small brushes
The first step is to stamp images of your choice on card stock to use as a background.  I used a MISTI so that my images got full and complete coverage.
Then I poured a small amount of bleach into a small container and dipped my applicator into the bleach and quickly painted or sketched onto the stamped image.
The application of bleach changes the color of the dye ink.  Be careful not to splash or drip where you don't want it -- it might mess up your stamping.  Here are two of the finished cards:

The solid images I used are Maple Leaf Silhouette and Large Balloon Silhouette.  The sentiments are Happy Birthday from the Quartet Compliments and Happy Birthday from....

Hope you give this technique a try - it's easy and lots of fun.

3 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

I haven't done this technique for a LONG time but now you have inspired me to get the bleach out and use it not just for laundry and cleaning. Great tutorial.

Lori said...

Love your cards Joy! I haven't done this technique in forever, thanks for the reminder!

Patti J said...

Love love love!!! Thanks for sharing, Joy!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin