Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Repeat Impressions Weekly Challenge.

This week at Repeat Impressions Cheri, one of the Rock Stars has challenged us to make a card with a movie in mind.  - This will be a great challenge and we are excited to see what everyone does.  Here is my card.
I used the movie called  The Light Keepers staring Richard Drefuss and Blythe Danner.  It is a romantic comedy.  It is on Amazon Prime - so if you are a Prime member it's free to watch.


This involved a watercoloring technique called dabbing or touching.  I attended a class in California that taught this technique.

The sentiment is Happy Birthday and the image is called (large) Bass Harbor Light which is in Maine and it is beautiful!

For me these challenges are always fun and look forward to seeing what you will do with the challenge.  And hopefully I'll get a list of movies to watch.  You don't have to use Repeat Impression stamps but if you do, your name will be entered twice (2x) for a random drawing for a really nice gift certificate from Repeat Impressions.  Check out Wendy's blog, The House That Stamps Built for the complete guidelines and link your project there.   

You might want to check out what these Rock Star Designers have created to inspire you.  Good luck - and I'm looking forward to seeing your projects.

5 comments:

Donna said...

This is beautiful Joy, this technique is stunning especially on the cliff, and I like the small edging of patterned paper. Off to look this technique up and plan to watch this movie this weekend on Amazon Prime.

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty lighthouse scene with the muted colors to depict your movie, great job.

Cheri said...

You chose a great movie, Joy, and your card depicts it fabulously! I haven't seen that movie in quite awhile, but I'm going to watch it again soon...another fave of mine. Love the watercoloring technique you did here.

Heather said...

Beautiful! This is still one of my favorite RI stamps and I almost used it for this challenge. Love how you colored it up.

Patti J said...

Beautifully done, Joy! Loved this movie, and your card is perfect for the challenge! Great job!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin