Monday, November 25, 2013

Project of the Week - Watercolor paper

Wendy, owner of Repeat Impression ask me to post a Project of the Week and I've taken the opportunity to use some Watercolor paper and Tim Holtz Stains.  I used the Christmas stamp 12 Day of Christmas for Stampers.

Here's how I did it:

1.  Stamp with clear Stazon ink and emboss with White Embossing Powder.
2.  After embossing cools, spritz watercolor paper with water; the more water, the more the ink blends
3.  Put small amount of Distress STAIN on a clear block or kraft mat.
4.  Spritz puddle of stain with water and wet a water color brush - for this I used one that was about           1.5 inches wide
5.  Paint over embossed sentiment.
6.  Assemble card.

This is a quick technique I'm going to be using again and again - I've discovered that the more water you add to the card and your brush, the lighter and more blended the colors become.  On the above card, my paper was not very wet and I went over the sentiment several times.

Hope you try this technique, it's fun and EASY.  Thanks for looking at my card and have a HAPPY stamping day.

1 comment:

scootingranny said...

The white embossing really pops on that splash of Christmas color!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin