Monday, April 23, 2018

Stained Glass Stamping

Good morning!  It's my turn to do Project of the Week for Repeat Impressions.  I have to say this one was so much fun - I got a little carried away and this took very little time to finish.

Here are your supplies
A few copics or pencils
Embossing Supplies
Misti Stamping or stamping block
A few framing dies
medium weight vellum
Stamps:
Rose Window
Iris Window
Cross Window
Grape Window

1.  Heat emboss each stamp with black embossing powder.  I know that some do not like to emboss with black powder - but use a good embossing buddy, embossing magic tool or an EK success tool and cover your vellum well, the black embossing powder then will only stick to the stamped image. Then melt the embossing powder.   I stamped 4 at a time here.

2.  Turn the embossed window images over and color on the BACKSIDE.  This is quick and does not have to be perfect.
3.  Pick out your favorite die frames and frame up your colored windows.  I cut 4 at a time on my die cutting machine and again this is a very quick process.  I put the heat embossed side up (colored side down) and I used a xyron sticker machine to attach the colored vellum windows to the die cut frames.

4.  Then these were put on a small die cut note card.  Now I have 4 note cards made in less than 30 minutes.

I have to say I just love these little square stain glass windows.  They are so so so pretty.  Here are my finished cards.

The Cross Window(my favorite) was off-set so that the sunshine embossing would show.  These little note cards are about 4x4.

Thanks for looking at my project of the week.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin