Monday, June 18, 2018

Pick of the Week

Hi!  Wendy, owner of Repeat Impressions asked me to pick a couple of stamps to show you for this week.  A few weeks ago I went to the Great Yosemite Stamp Escape and some other stampers were talking about the "Dot" method of copic coloring - so I decided to give it a try.

We were told to make little tiny dots instead of trying to color images that have a lot of dark space and where there is not much white space to color.  So I went thru my Repeat Impressions stamps and picked out a few images.
The following are good examples to use with this technique

The top tree is called Divi Divi Tree 2409-M
The next tree is called Spring Tree 1610-J
The next branch is called Pine Branch 2708-M
The large loon is Loon with chick 1002-O
The owl is called Baby Owl 2613-H
The next loon is called Loone 2706-K
The last image is called Bottoms Up 2906-I (isn't this too cute!)

As you can see there is not a lot of white space - except for the sky and ground.  The artist has done the hard work for us - we just add a few dots to the image.  Below is the first image I chose and you can see the"dot" technique on the ground.  It gives a little texture to the ground.  I also used it in the trunk and leaves of the tree.  Because of the many lines only a few dots of color are needed.
We also talked about how to change the feeling or season of an image by using background color. 
So I picked pattern paper to be vastly different and the sentiments to be opposite seasons.

The image is called Spring Tree 1610-J with the sentiment called Thanksgiving Blessings 3214-J

The next card also used the Spring Tree 1610-J with the sentiment called Happy Summer 9003-E
I really like how we can change the image so dramatically by using a few colors and different backgrounds.  Hope you give this technique a try.

Thanks for looking at my card.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin