Saturday, October 31, 2009

Computer Woes

On the way to our vacation house in Louisiana a cooler leaked water on my computer.  I dried it off and it worked for a few hours, so I thought I'd help it along by drying it with my hair dryer.  Well, I didn't know that my dryer would get so hot and I melted the keys!!!  It is at the hospital being fixed.  Lucky me -- I do have a spare -- but it is an old ibook and it is slow as Christmas!!  The photoshop elements color is never right and I'm hating the way it colors my cards!  So please bear with me for about 3 weeks.  Here is a project I finally finished! 

It was for a 3D Challenge at Stamp TV.  The challenge was to make something out of paper towel rolls.  This is an Advent Calendar.  The roll was cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces and cover with Gina K Design paper, lids were cut and made with my cuttlebug.

I embossed Christmas ornaments with gold, attached numbers and then attached them to the lids with gold brads.





















I covered some foam core board with the same designer paper and then filled the little boxes with Nativity figures, candy and money.  Each day, the grandkids can open one.  I hung it up to take the pictures and I think I'll just leave it up until Christmas.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin