A few weeks ago Wendy, owner of Repeat Impressions started a new weekly post and it's called Project of the Week. Each one of the Rock Star Designers come up with a project and show/tell how the project is done.
I wanted to do some fancy gift tags for my Christmas presents this year because I plan to wrap my packages in plain kraft paper. What I like about this is that I started this project before most of the presents have even been bought -- so when it's time to wrap - I'll have this part of my Christmas done. I made 20 tags and it didn't take too much time.
1. I die cut 20 kraft tags (tags can be purchased) The tags I die cut are about 7 inches tall. Then I cut about 25 tags from various designer paper.
2. Cut only the 25 designer paper tags into 2 inch strips.
3. Stamp and color Repeat Impressions "Poinsettias" and "Do Not Open..."
4. Use a Copic Spica Glitter Pen to highlight leaves and poinsettias.
3. Mix and Match the cut strips to glue onto the kraft tags.
4. Add a few embellishments including tie ribbons & twine.
The main thing that made this easy was getting all the elements together and then doing the tags assembly style.
Hope this inspires you to get a head start on special tags or gets you to thinking about your Christmas card list - Check out Wendy's selection of fantastic Christmas Stamps here at Repeat Impressions.
Thanks for looking at my project - have a HAPPY stamping day!