Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Creative Belli Challenge 97

Hey, it's time for a new challenge from Creative Belli!  The team challenge is to use your OLD and FORGOTTEN embellishments!  This week's challenge is to use paint - don't buy new - use some you already have lying around -- I used some ivory acrylic paint - there was so little left I watered it down and it worked perfectly!

Here is my card:
I used paint on the purple bottom part of the card to make it very light purple,  I painted the Martha Steward doily because it was white and I wanted it to be cream. I also paint over the flowered dp by Melissa Francis because I wanted it to look faded.  The little violets are a vintage die cut -- I have hundreds of these, but like to just collect them! Ha- I need to start using them.  MS die cut has glitter all over it.  The butterfly has been colored with copic markers and pearls added.  The sentiment is Papertrey Ink.

Here are the other team members and what they have created for your inspiration.


Here's how you can enter!
If you upload to a gallery please use keyword CBC97 and provide a direct link to your project. Mention that you designed the project specifically for our challenge.
If you upload to your blog provide a DIRECT LINK to your project using Mr. Linky below by August 17th. Then somewhere in your post, mention our challenge and link back to our blog.
Please don't link us to projects you have posted prior to today. We want you to create a new project. It's ok to combine with other challenges.

HAVE A GREAT STAMPING DAY!!

10 comments:

Liz Williams said...

This little nosegay is simply delightful. Great ways to work that paint.

Thebug415 said...

Very pretty! Love the colors on this card too!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your pretty ideas for painting over a doily- very pretty effects! Love your card!

Lynette said...

Very, very beautiful, Joy!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

How beautiful! The purple with the ivory is so elegant!

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, I just love your pretty shabby looking card with the vintage feel!!!! Your painting on the doily and background papers looks gorgeous and I LOOOOOVE all the little violets!!!! Beautiful, Joy!!!!

Chrissy D said...

Oh My - this is STUNNING! Love that Nestibility with the flowers!

Davi said...

Wow Joy I think this is spectacularly beautiful!! The wonderful vintage look, texture and colors are sooo pretty!!

Melisa Waldorf said...

Joy your project is so pretty! Those pearls in the center of the butterfly are gorgeous! I love all of it! I have some of those MS Labels so. They are so pretty. I have never covered one of mine with glitter though, thanks for the inspiration.

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Beautiful card, Joy. You did a great job with the paint challenge! That butterfly is gorgeous, as is that die cut. Glad you got it out of your stash and showcased it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin