Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Great Saturday

This was "the quiet before the storm" day. I got time to make a few cards and just have a real relaxing day. Next Thursday I will have 2 of my grandsons (3 and 1) for 10 days while their mom works in the office at Round Top. Round Top is one of the biggest antique happenings of the country. It encompasses about 4 small towns between Austin and College Station. It is an amazing event.

So here are my projects:

The first is a scrapbook page I did of my dad. I'm working on an 8x8 scrapbook of my memories of both Mom and Dad. I love remembering the fun times we had. The last nine years they had were lived here in Tyler and I am so grateful that they made the very hard decision of uprooting their lives and moving to Tyler. I grew so very close to them.


The card below is the 2nd half of a challenge Gina K at Stamp TV issued. We were to make a scrapbook page and a card using the same stamp set. I used Rupa Shevde's "my cuppa joe"stamp set with GKD chocolate kiss and ivory cardstock and Stampin Up "make your own brads" for the little coffee brads. The blue dp was found in my stash. Gina K called the challenge double duty -- and for me it was great to make a page and card without having to get out separate stamp sets, card stock and ink colors. This would be a good way to complete my Mom and Dad's memory book and meet card challenges at the same time.


The card below was another challenge card. It was fun. It is the Cracked Glass challenge. I used GKD rocket red and green apple card stock. The stamp is from GKD's Tropical Windows and the sentiment is from Rupa Shevde's "the Magic of Christmas". Gina K has a great video on how to do this technique. It is amazing and fun! I will use some antiquing on the next one I make. The second photo is a close up of the cracked glass.

1 comment:

Carolyn King said...

girl--you have been busy. LOVE that page and the matching card! Fabulous!
Great cracked glass too!!! GREAT job!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin