Saturday, April 17, 2010

Little Paper Shop Project

Little Paper Shop is having their 2 year Anniversary! Congratulations are in order for them! They have an easy to navigate blog, great challenges and some very talented people on their design team. Go check it out.  One of my favorite stamps set of theirs is called Flying By.

This weeks challenge was to create a 3 D project

I found these blank stone coasters and rack at a Wal Mart on one of their clearance shelves.  I paid $5.00 for them! Wahooo, what a deal!  I stamped them with Versacolor - because it is permanent and will take the water condensation without fading.

I inked up the sentiment curved on my acrylic block with the darkest part of the Versacolor and stamped it around the coaster.  I then inked up the bird on the upper part of the ink pad (see the picture).  That way the branch with a dark blue and the bird is shaded several colors of blue.  I've used these every day this week and so far no fading.  I'm going back to see if I can find more of these and plan to ink up Christmas scenes (snowflakes, etc) for Christmas presents!


Thanks for looking and HAPPY STAMPING!!

9 comments:

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

So glad you hopped with us - those coasters will make a great gift if you can part with them!

Allison Rankin said...

Oh my! How fun! I love that you used that bird for this project (makes me wanna go dig it out myself!).

Lynette said...

What pretty coasters - nicely done!

Julia said...

Beautiful coasters Joy!! Thanks for playing along : )

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a fantastic project Joy, and in such wonderfully vibrant colors! Happy Anniversary to LPS...so happy for them.

Bev Gerard said...

Now that is one terrific "find", Joy! How clever to 'curve' the sentiment for these coasters! Yes ... definitely worth a trip to find more!

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, Joy...what a darling coster set!!! The little bird image is adorable and I love the blue...the sentiment around the curved edge is such a genius touch!!!!

Donna Baker said...

what a bargain! your coasters are great

Dana Joy said...

Oh Joy these are too cute. What a steal for $5.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin