Saturday, August 9, 2014

Praying for you card

Hello there, today it's Joy and I'm showing you a real QUICK card I made with some supplies from Classy Cards 'n Such.  I'm sending a book to a friend and thought I'd make a little bookmark to go with it.  Here is the card and bookmark all in one.

I stamped the Damask Treat Bag onto a piece of pink polka dot paper from the 6x6 pad called Soft Shades Double Dot Designs by BoBunny and cut an extra 1/4 inch on the two sides and along the bottom which I folded over and put 1/4 inch Score Tape onto and then put that onto the cream/brown colored script paper from Botanical Tea.  This made a little pocket.  I cut along the top part of the Damask Treat Bag so that I could slip the little bookmark right into the little faux bag.  I used a piece of scrap designer paper to stamp the little "Praying for you" sentiment which is from Ornate Frame Sentiments by Our Daily Bread Designs.  I love this stamp set  because it has 21 positive sentiments that just seem to fit in perfectly to so many of my cards.  I mounted this on top of a brown piece of card stock and that onto a card base.  I guess really I didn't have to this this last step, but wanted to write a few words to let her know how important she is to me.

The name of the book I'm sending her is Orphan Train by Christina Kline - AMAZING read!

Be sure to check out the supplies I used at Classy Cards 'n Such.  Thank you for looking at my card, have a happy stamping day!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

What a wonderful idea to include this card and a bookmark with your gift. It's so pretty and elegant looking!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin